What is Factory Mutual (FM) Approval?
FM approval is the independent testing body of the international insurance company, FM Global.
FM approval deploys scientific research and testing to ensure that products comply with the highest safety standards available. These standards help you reduce the chance of property loss due to fire, weather conditions, and failure of electrical or mechanical equipment.
They incorporate nearly 200 years of property loss experience, research, and engineering results, as well as input from consensus standards committees, equipment manufacturers and others. If products pass the strict tests, the laboratory grants it the “FM approved” mark.
Why is it essential to choose the FM approved insulated panels?
In the current market, fire prevention and reduction of fire risk is the most critical issue faced by insulated panels. If a product is FM approved it conforms to the highest national and international fire standards. In Australia, more and more businesses are choosing to build their facilities using FM approved insulated panels for the following reasons-
- They are recognised by insurance companies which contributes to reducing the overall building insurance cost significantly.
- They are recognised by building assessors which helps accelerate building approvals
- They are proven to reduce damage in cases of a disaster, which leads to faster recovery
- They require less safety facilities, which reduces overall building cost and construction time
FM approval protects the current & future value of your building by insuring it against significant losses, it also protects your monetary investment. To discuss the requirements of your facility please contact us at KB Building Group for advice. Ph. 1300 52 5665.
Ten Farms operate an advanced ripening, packing and distribution centre at the Melbourne Wholesale Fruit and Vegetable markets in Epping, Victoria.
With growing needs, Ten Farms wanted to expand their Epping facility with the addition of three new ripening rooms to compliment their existing ripening rooms, built previously.
With additional rooms Ten Farms can achieve greater production in the ripening of their bananas.
KB building group was able to work with other contractors to complete the facility with minimal disruptions to the existing business, within the agreed time frames and to the specifications of the customer. From the building permits to the final certificate of occupancy, KB building group worked to make the process as easy as possible for all involved.
Working with refrigeration company Oomiak who designed, installed and commissioned the refrigeration systems that served the new rooms.
Feedback from the client David Holman of Ten Farms is shown below-
“Having recently completed a new fitout to complement our existing ripening facilities, we are very pleased to endorse Kieran and KB Building services at completion of the works.
Our brief for the new fitout, was to replicate the existing ripening infra-structure adjacent to current ripening rooms, and Kieran delivered an excellent result in providing a seamless extension to our rooms.
Our history has spanned 3 business in Victoria and NSW as Banana ripeners for over 30 years, we have also used substantial general cold storage facilities. This was our first engagement with Kieran and he was able to meet our expectations as well as manage -:
- Proper room sealing
- Provision for unique large internal doors because we are in an insulated facility
- Facilitate the sprinkler system internally within the rooms in accordance with regulations
- Apply for, and complete the building permit through to provision of the certificate of occupancy Kieran managed to deliver the job within our agreed timeframe which was very important to us, and he provided weekly reports as to progress so that we were aware of any factors that may have impacted final delivery.
We would certainly engage KB Building group again, and extend our thanks to Kieran for a job well done. Yours Truly, David Holman, Director – Tenfarms Pty Ltd